THIS FESTIVAL IS NOW CLOSED!
Love, Sex & Art Festival - June 27th – July 8th, 2012
All shows are at THEATRE 54 @ Shetler Studios
244 West 54th Street, Floor 12 (between Broadway & 8th)
New York, NY 10019
Purchase Individual Tickets for Blood Red Roses:
Wed, 6/27 (7:30 pm) $20,
Fri, 6/29 (8:00 pm) $20,
Sat, 6/30 (1:00 pm) $20,
Sun, 7/1 (4:00 and 7:00 pm) $20,
Mon, 7/2 (7:30 pm) $20,
Thu, 7/5 (7:30 pm) $20,
Sat, 7/7 (4:00 and 8:00 pm) $20, and
Sun 7/8 (1:00 pm) $20
Purchase Individual tickets for Sphinx:
Thu, 6/28 (7:30 pm) $20,
Sat, 6/30 (4:00 and 8:00 pm) $20,
Sun, 7/1 (1:00 pm) $20,
Tue, 7/3 (7:30 pm) $20,
Fri, 7/6 (8:00 pm) $20,
Sat, 7/7 (1:00 pm) $20, and
Sun, 7/8 (4:00 and 7:00) $20
CityShow is also offering the LOVE Package; both shows for $30.
1. Directing: This workshop will examine everything from how to choose and stage a play, to the vision and artistic goals of the individual director in his/her industry. Using two or more actors from the Tres Artis community, directors will also get a chance to learn how to more effectively communicate with an actor for quality results. The Directing workshop will be held on Tuesday 7/3/2012, 2-5pm.
2. Monologue: Participants will given an opportunity to perform a prepared one – two minute monologue for directors Christopher Romero Wilson and Schnele Wilson. Each participant will receive constructive feedback on their work from the directors. All participants in the workshop will also be kept under consideration for casting in future CityShow productions. The Monologue workshop will be held on Thursday 7/5/2012, 2-5pm.
3. Script Analysis: This workshop will explore how to analyze a script including characters, themes, plot, logic, structure and action, using both of Don Nigro’s plays. You cannot act, you cannot direct and you certainly cannot write, without understanding a script!The Script Analysis workshop will be held on Friday, 7/6/2012, 2-5pm.
* It is highly recommended that you see one or both of the plays before attending the seminar so that you can follow and understand.
* Participants of the seminars may also be considered for the ongoing Tres Artis Studios for Actors, Writers and Directors, August 2012.
In addition to the workshops Tres Artis will also host a Closing Night “Theatre, Film & Television Party” where festival attendees can meet the cast members of each show and network with each other and other industry professionals.
Each workshop will be sold in different packages that will include tickets to see one or both productions, and the option to attend the Closing Night “Theatre, Film & Television Party”. Package options are:
NON-SPEAKING: 1 SHOW plus 1 SEMINAR/WORKSHOP
FEATURED; 2 SHOWS+1 SEMINAR or 2 SEMINARS + 1 SHOW
LEAD; 2 SHOWS plus 2 SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS
PRODUCER; 2 SHOWS plus 3 SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER ALL-ACCESS PASS; 2 SHOWS plus 3 SEMINARS plus CLOSING NIGHT PARTY.
CityShow is a New York City-based entertainment production company whose mission it is to bring first-rate quality live entertainment to the multitude of intimate performance venues of the metropolitan area.
About Tres Artis:
Established by Robert Medrano and Tawney-Joy Bedkober in 2010, Tres Artis is a community of Theatre, Film & Television professionals, providing affordable Promotion, Insight and Networking solutions for its members, while exclusively associating with the highest and purist of artistic endeavors.